We are looking for a hands-on mechanical engineer. ASI’s state of the art scientific cameras are “hand-made in Amsterdam”. We design, customise, and build ourselves! Beyond that, we also install and service worldwide.
What you will do
You will strengthen our team in the development, production and installation of cameras. This is a versatile position where two or more hands are recommended. It involves CAD design (in Solidworks) of new products and customisation of existing products. Building prototypes and testing the mechanics with a team of test engineers is another part of the job. Building devices together with the production team will be also on your shoulders. Finally, you will see the products that have been built by you and the team. Traveling to install the product at customer’s site will also be part of the job. We install in many different places around the world. Installations are typically 5 day trips, you can expect to travel around 10-20% of your time.
Amsterdam Scientific Instruments is a fast-growing high-tech company based at the Science Park in Amsterdam. We develop imaging detectors for electron microscopy and mass spectrometry. Our mission is to propel the progress of science by enabling researchers to measure particles with the highest level of accuracy. We empower them with innovative and evermore powerful tools that spark discoveries and create new insight into the fundamental behaviour of matter, using X-rays, optical photons, electrons, neutrons and ions.
You like to work for a small company, lines are short and responsibilities are broad. You are able to transfer knowledge to software, testing, and application engineers. You prefer teamwork and involve others in solving issues you encounter. You are practical and hands-on and documenting your work is your second nature.
Your profile could look like this:
- BSc degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Experience with design (We work in Solidworks but this is not a requirement)
- You like to think ahead but when it comes to it you can improvise
- You enjoy to travel for on-site installation and testing, you enjoy meeting customers
- Affinity with vacuum design and cooling is a plus
- 32 – 40 hours a week
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Amsterdam Scientific Instruments
- Being part of a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team
- Work in a challenging international environment
In case you are interested, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Fei An Tjan.
In case of questions concerning this vacancy, make use of +31 207235200.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies will not appreciated.