Junior Software Developer (Amsterdam Area)
Amsterdam Scientific Instruments is a fast growing high-tech company based at the Science Park in Amsterdam. We develop imaging detectors for X-rays, electron microscopy and mass spectrometry. Our customers are researchers in both science and industry that use our detectors in a broad and expanding range of applications.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic starter to help the software development of our particle detection cameras.
You will be helping our customers by making their detectors faster, and more catered to their needs.
Our advanced imaging detectors differ in many ways from conventional cameras. They deliver not just frames, but also streams of time stamped photon hits; the next generation will produce 160 Gbit/s. Our key ingredient is a family of ASICs developed at CERN for fast particle detection. Our customers are scientists with many different experimental backgrounds and requirements. We need an experienced developer that can translate these requirements into well-structured, performant and maintainable software.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- A MSc degree or equivalent
- Some experience in development of medium sized software applications
- Experience working with C++, Java, Rust and or Python;
- Experience working with Rust, Qt, Linux, Windows is a plus
- Affinity with scientific customers, physics, or electronics is a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- 32 – 40 hours a week
- an opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Amsterdam Scientific Instruments
- being part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team
- work in a challenging international environment
In case you are interested, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Fei An Tjan.
In case of questions concerning this vacancy, make use of +31 207235200.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies will not appreciated.