Open Vacancy: Lead Software Developer
Can your software development skills make a difference for our ground-breaking technology?
We’re looking for someone who can lead the software development of our particle detection cameras. You will be helping our customers by making their detectors faster, and more catered to their needs.
Amsterdam Scientific Instruments is a fast growing high-tech company based at the Science Park in Amsterdam. We develop imaging detectors for X-rays, electron microscopy and mass spectrometry. Our customers are researchers in both science and industry that use our detectors in a broad and expanding range of applications.
Our advanced imaging detectors differ in many ways from conventional cameras. They deliver not just frames, but also streams of time stamped photon hits; the next generation will produce 160 Gbit/s. Our key ingredient is a family of ASICs developed at CERN for fast particle detection. Our customers are scientists with many different experimental backgrounds and requirements. We need an experienced developer that can translate these requirements into well-structured, performant and maintainable software.
As a Lead Software Developer, you will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- A Bsc or MSc degree
- 3+ years’ experience in development of medium sized software applications
- Experience working with C++ and Java;
- Experience with concurrent programming for high data throughput
- Experienced in the use of TDD and unit testing
- Understanding of user Interface design and implementation
- Experience working with Rust, Qt, Linux, Windows is a plus
- Experience with optimization, statistics, mathematics, physics, visualization techniques is beneficial;
- affinity with scientific customers, physics, or electronics is a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- 32 – 40 hours a week
- an opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Amsterdam Scientific Instruments
- being part of a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team
- work in a challenging international environment.
In case you are interested, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com attn. Fei An Tjan.
In case of questions concerning this vacancy, make use of +31 207235200.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies will not appreciated.