Open Vacancy: Experienced mechanical engineer
Would you like to stand on the forefront of technology?
We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer with a focus on the design of high-end imaging cameras for a variety of applications. You will lead our mechanical engineering team and are not afraid to get your hands dirty. Accuracy is your middle name. We have ambitious plans for a variety of novel products for which you will be our essential hire.
Amsterdam Scientific Instruments is a small but fast growing high-tech company based at the Science Park in Amsterdam. We develop imaging detectors for X-rays, electron microscopy and mass spectrometry. Our advanced imaging detectors differ in many ways from conventional cameras. For instance, our cameras can give continuous streams of photon hits with coordinates and nanosecond timestamping information instead of just frames. Our key ingredient is a family of ASICs developed at CERN for fast particle detection. Our customers are researchers in both science and industry that use our detectors in a broad and expanding range of applications. An example design challenge we have is: make a 28 x 28 mm vacuum interface that can pass 160Gb/s of data and 12 W of heat.
What we need
You will be responsible for the design and keep a close eye on the production of all our products. You will lead our mechanical engineering team and will work closely together with other teams, as well as with our clients. Accuracy is your middle name and you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. You love to be challenged by complex technical requests.
- You set up, give shape and make technical specifications and calculations of mechanical designs for our imaging detectors;
- You create and maintain the technical documentation package
- You support and guide during assembly, commissioning and service.
- You analyse complex technical issues.
- You optimize existing designs on the basis of user and maintenance data.
- Hours: 32-40 hours
- Higher professional education or university degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with working with CAD (SolidWorks) systems.
- Experience with vacuum applications and/or heat transport from vacuum
- You are pro-active, hands-on, analytical and precise
- Prepared to travel occasionally.
- Experience: > 5 years
- Plus: affinity with physics
What we offer
Our technology is state of the art and we constantly improve our products. We learn about new applications all the time. We work in close collaboration with Nikhef, the Dutch National Institute for Subatomic Physics and CERN on developing our products. Our team is international and diverse and so are our lunch conversations.
In case you are interested, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com attn. Fei An Tjan.
In case of questions concerning this vacancy, make use of +31 207235200.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies will not appreciated.