Open Vacancy: Senior Electrical Engineer Hardware
Would you like your PCB designs to be on the forefront of technological innovation?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic electrical engineer with a focus on PCB design of our high-end electronics. Solving complex technological problems make your heart beat faster. You will be responsible for the development and production of all our electronic boards and lead our electronics team. You will coordinate with suppliers, external partners and play an essential part in the (electronic) development of new detector innovations. We have ambitious plans for new and faster readout electronics for which you will be our essential hire.
Amsterdam Scientific Instruments is a fast-growing high-tech company based at the Science Park in Amsterdam. We develop imaging detectors for X-rays, electron microscopy and mass spectrometry. Our advanced imaging detectors differ in many ways from conventional cameras. For instance, our cameras can give continuous streams of photon hits with coordinates and nanosecond timestamping information instead of just frames. Our key ingredient is a family of ASICs developed at CERN for fast particle detection. Our customers are researchers in both science and industry that use our detectors in a broad and expanding range of applications.
Our technology is state of the art and we constantly improve our products. We learn about new applications all the time. We work in close collaboration with Nikhef, the Dutch National Institute for Subatomic Physics, and CERN on developing our products.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bsc or Msc degree in electronics or embedded system;
- >5 years’ experience with complex PCB design (multiple layers).
- Good knowledge of digital and analogue electronic design;
- Excellent understanding of the latest FPGA architectures (assembly).
- Good knowledge of Mentor Graphics design tools (or similar software) (Expedition Enterprise/PADS professional)
- Experience with hardware/software design and testing methodologies.
- Affinity with physics is a plus
- Have experience with FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera) and hardware description language is a plus
- Basic knowledge about embedded software (embedded C/C++ and Linux) is a plus
- 32 – 40 hours a week
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Amsterdam Scientific Instruments
- Being part of a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team
- Work in a challenging international environment.
In case you are interested, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Fei An Tjan.
In case of questions concerning this vacancy, make use of +31 207235200.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies will not appreciated.